Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has over 400 animals across more than 70 different species. The park offers an array of unique dining and retail experiences in addition to our diverse array of animal species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued rapid growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracted over 760,000 visitors in 2016.
At Yorkshire Wildlife Park, our goal is to provide visiting students of all ages with a rich educational and recreational experience. We accomplish this by offering various informal and formal learning opportunities to schools and other educational groups. Our aim is to inspire in children and adults a respect, awe and appreciation for all animals and our natural environment and to positively influence guest behaviour.
We are currently looking to recruit an Education Assistant to join the Education Department for our busy summer season. The position is for a fixed term period starting on the 14th March 2018 and terminating on the 20th July 2018.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivering education programmes to visiting schools. Adapting teaching styles for early years foundation stages through to college level students on a variety of wildlife/ conservation based topics. This will include handling a number of reptiles and insects.
- Working with the Education Manager to continue to enhance formal and informal education programmes for a wide range of audiences.
- Maintain existing and development of new educational resources.
- Working with the education team to develop a wider range of holiday activity programmes.
- Ensure all aspects of our school visits are handled professionally and efficiently.
- Assist other departments when required and specifically during school holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must be flexible and able to work during our peak times which include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
- Content to work in an outdoor environment in all weather.
To download the vacancy information pack and the required application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email [email protected] or telephone 01302 535057 extension 48 or 51.
The closing date for applications is the 21st of January 2018.