Seasonal Animal Ranger
Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Seasonal Animal Ranger
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has over 400 animals across more than 70 different species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued rapid growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracted over 760,000 visitors in 2016.
We are currently looking for a Seasonal Animal Ranger to join our dynamic and energetic animal team for our busy summer season. The successful candidate will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrate a consistently proactive and flexible approach to work.
To be considered, candidates must be confident in delivering engaging, animated talks and presentations to audiences of all sizes throughout the day.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver talks and presentations throughout the day, engaging with guests wherever possible.
- Feed, clean out and provide enrichment for animals.
- Maintain accurate animal records.
- Facilitate an exciting and memorable experience for our guests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Acute attention to detail with the confident ability to consistently facilitate an outstanding visitor experience.
This is a fixed term position beginning in March 2018 and terminating on the 5th November 2018, working an average of 40-45 hours per week. Hours are normally worked over 5 days per week including weekends and some evening/ early morning work as the business requires.
To apply for this position and for full vacancy information please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/about-us/vacancies/ where you can download the required application form and job vacancy information pack.
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email [email protected] or telephone 01302 535057 extension 48 or 51.
The closing date for applications is the 21st of January 2018.