Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Animal Ranger (Carnivore Section)
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has over 400 animals across more than 70 different species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued rapid growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracted over 760,000 visitors in 2016.
We are currently looking for an experienced Animal Ranger to work within our Carnivore Section. The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience of working in a professional capacity with big cat and/ or bear species.
To be considered, candidates must be confident in delivering engaging, animated talks and presentations to audiences of all sizes throughout the day and be happy to actively engage with our guests throughout the day in order to facilitate a memorable experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily fencing checks.
- Deliver talks and presentations throughout the day, engaging with guests wherever possible.
- Feed, clean out and provide enrichment for animals.
- Maintain accurate animal records.
- Facilitate an exciting and memorable experience for our guests.
- Observe and report any unusual animal behaviours to an appropriate senior team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Holds the DMZAA or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrate previous experience working in a professional capacity with big cat and/ or bear species.
- Must be flexible and able to work during our peak times which include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
This is a permanent, full time position beginning in March 2018. Basic weekly hours are 40 which will be scheduled on an annualised basis and in accordance with business requirements. Weekends and some evening/ early morning work will be required in order to meet the needs of the department.
To apply for this position and for full vacancy information please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/about-us/vacancies/ where you can download the required application form and job vacancy information pack.
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email [email protected] or telephone 01302 535057 extension 48 or 51.
The closing date for applications is the 21st of January 2018.