Senior Reserve Warden
London Wetland Centre
37.5 (5 days from 7 to include part weekend and bank holiday working)
£28,509 per annum
WWT London Wetland Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Reserve Warden to assist with the management of our renowned 100 acre SSSI wetland nature reserve. As part of the team you will assist with all aspects of habitat management with the aim of maintaining and increasing species biodiversity, as well as ensuring the reserve is functioning at its best by maintaining visitor access and on site facilities.
To join us as our Senior Reserve Warden you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a reserve management role with extensive experience of using machinery e.g. brushcutters, tractors, chainsaws.
- To be a natural people person with the proven ability to engage and enthuse the public, in person and through social media platforms, about nature and wildlife.
- To be a positive team player who is comfortable with risk assessments and compliance with safety procedures, supervising volunteers and volunteer work parties’ as well as species monitoring.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
For more information, and to apply for the role, please visit http://jobs.wwt.org.uk/vacancies/1611/ABWAK/senior_reserve_warden/
Closing date: 24th July 2022
Interview date: 2nd August 2022
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410