Full Time Senior Animal Keeper
The New Forest Wildlife Park is in 25 acres of ancient New Forest woodland. It is a a well established successful family business. Mainly concentrating on native British/ European species but including some important exotic species We are one of the few BIAZA wildlife parks in the UK dedicated to native wildlife rehabilitation in particular otters and native owl species.
We are looking for a pleasant, forward thinking enthusiastic person to ﬁll this important role within our small dedicated team of keepers. The successful applicant will work with all members of our team and assist the animal manager in the day to day running of the busy wildlife park.
The position requires knowledge and experience of all aspects of animal husbandry within a zoological environment with regards to both native and exotic species.
As we are a customer focused business, we demand a professional, friendly attitude to all visitors including educational groups.
The applicant must be a highly motivated, ﬂexible, outgoing person with a hands on approach and strong work ethic. Salary - £17.000 - £17.500 DOE 40 hours per week and work Bank Holidays and weekends in rota. 3 years animal husbandry experience essential with appropriate qualiﬁcations.
Main Duties and Responsibilites
• Assist the Animal Manager in all aspects of their role.
• Ensuring all animal and bird records are up to date and accurate - including daily checks noted in the diary
• An ability to problem solve day to day situations on all sections
• Deputising for the Animal Manager during days off etc
• Assist Curator of Animals and Animal Manager in promoting the best welfare and ensuring animal health is observed by all team members.
• Observe the behaviour, health and security of animals and report any problems to the Animal Manager.
• Reporting defects or repairs required to enclosures and relevant departments to Animal Manager or Building Team
• Cleaning and maintaining exhibits and other designated areas.
• Broad taxonomic knowledge on the range of current species managed within zoological collections.
• Knowledge of techniques used to handle speciﬁc animals should catch ups or veterinary procedures require this.
• Be reliable and demonstrate good time-keeping including an attendance record .
• An ability to motivate the team by leadership and a professional attitude.
Please note there is no accommodation available on site and no public transport to the park
A full clean driving licence for manual vehicles is required. For application form contact Zoe O’Reilly - firstname.lastname@example.org Please include current CV, cover letter including qualiﬁcations and availability . Telephone 01298814099
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms February 23rd 2019
Interviews held at the park - February 2019
The New Forest Wildlife Park www.newforestwildlifepark.co.uk