Seasonal Education Assistant
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has around 400 animals across 70 different species.
The Yorkshire Hive is the exciting new development adjacent to Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
At Yorkshire Wildlife Park, our goal is to provide visiting students of all ages with a rich educational and recreational experience. We accomplish this by offering various informal and formal learning opportunities to schools and other educational groups. Our aim is to inspire in children and adults a respect, awe and appreciation for all animals and our natural environment and to positively influence guest behaviour.
We’re currently looking for an energetic Seasonal Education Assistant to join our dynamic and fast paced Education team at The Yorkshire Wildlife Park. The successful candidate will work as part of the team to develop and deliver formal and informal education programmes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivery of education programmes to visiting schools including solo delivery of sessions.
- To adapt teaching styles and differentiate within sessions for early years foundation stages through to college level students on a variety of wildlife/conservation-based topics. This will include handling reptiles and invertebrates.
- Working with the Education Manager to continue to enhance formal and informal education programmes for a wide range of audiences.
- Maintain existing and development of new educational resources.
- Assist with general education administration duties at peak times.
- Daily cleaning of classrooms and tidying away of teaching resources.
- Assisting with the set up and delivery of YWP Ranger Academy courses.
- Ensure all aspects of our school visits are handled professionally.
- Assisting other departments when required and during school holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must be flexible and able to work during our peak times for park events which include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays and at least one late evening per week during the summer term.
- Content to work in an outdoor environment in all weather.
To download the vacancy information pack and the required application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/careers-at-ywp/
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 26th of March 2023.