Qualified Animal Ranger (Primates Section)
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has around 475 animals across more than 60 different species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracts over 750,000 visitors per annum.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Animal Ranger to join our dynamic Primates and Presentations team. To be considered, candidates must possess a diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals (DMZAA) alongside at least 3 years’ experience working in a paid position within a licensed zoological collection OR must hold a degree level qualification in an animal/ conservation subject area alongside at least 4 years’ experience working in a paid position within a licensed zoological collection
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver talks and presentations throughout the day, engaging with guests wherever possible.
- Feed, clean out and provide enrichment for animals.
- Maintain accurate animal records.
- Facilitate an exciting and memorable experience for our guests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Must be flexible and able to work during our peak times which include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
To download the vacancy information pack and the required application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/careers-at-ywp/
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 26th of March 2023.