SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Instructor – Estate Skills
£19,217 - £22,958 (depending on qualifications and experience)
The College is seeking a highly motivated individual to deliver practical estate skills training and assessment to a range of Animal Management students, as well as involvement in construction/landscaping projects such as animal enclosures and habitat work at the Animal Management Centre. The post holder will also have co-responsibility for a workshop and contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of existing AMC grounds, equipment and structures.
We welcome applicants who have general construction, fencing, landscaping and habitat skills and background, and who have some supervisory or instructing experience. A qualification in a relevant subject at National Diploma level or higher is desirable.
Training towards a teaching qualification can be provided in-house.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 07 June 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applicants are received.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- Free Library membership
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
- Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438