Salary commensurate with experience
Plus a living out allowance or possibly, on-site accommodation.
The Aspinall Foundation is a registered charity that is actively involved with several projects incorporating a diverse range of conservation activities both at their Kent based Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and overseas projects in the Congo, Gabon, Indonesia and Madagascar.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team of dedicated keepers at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve. The successful candidate will be working with a variety of species across all our sections.
You must have previous experience of working with animals, in a mainstream zoological collection, an awareness of current conservation issues and a passion for animal welfare.
The main duties will include:
• Cleaning and maintaining enclosures as well as adjacent working areas
• Preparation of diets and carrying out the feeding procedures.
• Conducting animal experiences and talks for the public and accommodation guests
• Observing the behavior, health and security of animals and reporting any problems to the Section Head
• Ensuring that safety and emergency procedures are followed at all times.
• Enclosure maintenance working with power tools and machinery.
This is a physically demanding position, so candidates must have a good level of physical fitness. A full valid driving licence is essential to the role. Experience with telehandlers, mini diggers etc is advantageous. You will possess excellent all-round animal husbandry skills and be enthusiastic in contributing to the enrichment of the various species around the park. You must also be prepared to undertake all duties on the sections which may including prepping meat and animal dispatch.
This role is 40 hours a week working 5 days out of 7 including weekends and bank holidays, the successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Thursday 10 June 2021
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.aspinallfoundation.org for further information