Carnivore Team Leader
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has around 475 animals across more than 60 different species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracts over 750,000 visitors per annum.
We are currently looking for an experienced Carnivore Team Leader to lead and manage the carnivore section within our dynamic animal department. The successful candidate will have comprehensive experience working with a range of carnivore species, they will have previous experience of leading and managing a team and will be a confident presenter to audiences of all sizes.
It is essential for candidates to possess a Diploma in the Management of Zoo or Aquarium Animals (DMZAA) or degree level qualification in an animal/ conservation subject area (please refer to the person specification in the vacancy pack for details).
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent exemplary husbandry and welfare standards on the section.
- Leadership and management of the carnivore team members.
- Develop, implement and consistently monitor health and safety protocol.
- Provision of an exemplary guest experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Comprehensive experience managing a range of carnivore species.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Must be flexible and able to work during our peak times which include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
To download the vacancy information pack and the required application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/careers-at-ywp/
If you have an enquiry about this vacancy which is not answered by the job vacancy information pack, please contact the HR Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 26th of March 2023.