Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales, Colwyn Bay is recruiting an – Animal Keeper
The National Zoological Society of Wales is a registered charity (no. 514108) that owns and runs the Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales in Colwyn Bay, UK. The Zoo embraces modern conservation thinking and strives for high standards in all departments. It is a member of BIAZA, EAZA, WAZA and Species360.
The Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales is looking for an Animal Keeper, who will answer to the Head Keeper and Animal Collection Manager. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for development and daily delivery of husbandry for animals across all sections.
The successful candidate must:
• have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in the care and management of a varied range of taxa in a zoological setting.
• be hard working and conscientious with excellent observation skills.
• be able to uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare.
• have experience delivering good customer service
• enjoy communicating with the Zoos visitors
• have the ability to work alone or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills
Preferred by not essential
• be qualified to at least DMZAA level or equivalent.
• competent in the use of Species360
For further details, a full job description and application form please email email@example.com or telephone 01492 532938 ext.3 (Office Hours 09.00 – 17.00).
The closing date for applications will be 17.00 on Monday 20th March 2023. A short list of candidates will be drawn up and contacted to arrange an interview