Salary: Up to £19,703 per year DOE
Plus a living out allowance, or on-site accommodation if available.
Howletts Wild Animal Park is a 90-acre site set in Bekesbourne, Kent and works in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation, a charity committed to the conservation of rare and endangered animals through breeding and reintroduction programmes. Last year two cheetahs from the park were successfully reintroduced to the wild in South Africa.
We are looking for an experienced Keeper to join our Carnivore section. The successful candidate will work alongside our Carnivore team delivering the highest standards of animal husbandry, adhering to strict Health and Safety protocols, occasional livestock dispatch and butchery (for which training will be provided). Other duties will include basic enclosure furnishing, daily maintenance tasks and delivering animal encounters that promote the message and conservation efforts of the organisation. The carnivore section at Howletts is very diverse, currently housing 14 species, (5 of which have breeding recommendations for 2021) and includes Sumatran tiger, Dhole and Honey Badger.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A minimum of 2 years carnivore keeping experience.
- Confident at engaging with the public to deliver talks, the rest of the team and our regular feed suppliers
- A passion for your chosen field along with the drive to develop your current skillset
- An animal based qualificaton (DMZAA or equivalent)
- Possess a good level of physical fitness
- Comfortable working at height to perform husbandry duties
- A full, UK driving licence is essential
Working 40 hours over a 5-day week, the successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours which will include weekends and bank holidays. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Free entry for you into both of our parks and free tickets for your family and friends
• Discounts on food, accommodation, and retail products
• Onsite parking
• Training and development opportunities
• A healthcare cash back plan and added annual leave related to length of service.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• A living out allowance, or on-site accommodation if available.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28 January 2022
To Apply: Please email your full C.V. and covering letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website: www.aspinallfoundation.org to find out more about us