Flamingo Keepers' Workshop
ABWAK Flamingo Keepers' Workshop
In partnership with BIAZA certified training
Hosted by ZSL London Zoo
Thursday 26th July 2016
Come and join us for a whole day of informal discussion about current flamingo husbandry. This year, in light of Avian ‘Flu (AI) issues, we have a focus on bird health and well-being. How do zoos keep birds happy when they are indoors? How does this impact on husbandry?
- Small group discussion on flamingo-specific husbandry issues
- Practical walk-and-talk around ZSL London Zoo’s flamingo enclosure
- Keeper-lead presentations that will highlight different ways of managing flamingos across British and international zoological collections.
- Keynote speaker on flamingo health and husbandry specifically relating to importance of indoor housing and welfare during disease outbreaks.
- Practical foot scoring activity
- Introductory discussion on the nature of flamingo habitats, their evolutionary biology and behavioural ecology
The day will consist of sharing expertise, group discussion, presentations, and opportunities for networking and meeting up with other flamingo professionals.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKSHOP IS ONLY OPEN TO FLAMINGO KEEPERS
Don’t forget, if you are an ABWAK member, you can apply for a grant to help fund your attendance to this workshop.
For more information about content and the day itself, please contact Paul Rose [email protected].
For booking and payment information, please contact Laura Gardner [email protected].
£20 for ABWAK & BIAZA members; £40 non-members. Lunch and refreshments included.
Please complete the registration form and send to Laura Gardner to confirm attendance.
If you elect to use our online payment system, you MUST complete the relevant registration form, including your Paypal confirmation number, and send it to the contact named on the form. Otherwise we will not know what your payment is for and your place on the workshop will not be reserved.